What It Is:
Clubhouse is a new social network that is taking the world by storm. Join ‘rooms’ and listen in to people talking about… well, anything. No matter your niche, chances are there is an expert out there on Clubhouse talking about it.
A couple things you should know before getting started:
- Clubhouse is currently only available for iOS (that means you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad)
- It’s invite only, but you can download the app and grab your account name right now
Then, you’ll need a Clubhouse user to invite you. If you don’t currently have an acquaintance using the app, it’s generally easy to get your hands on once in related communities, such as the private Searchie Community on Facebook.
Check out our Searchie Hack on How To Build an Automated Clubhouse Funnel With Searchie and start leveraging your Clubhouse sessions with Searchie.
Step 1: Set Up Your Recording
To record your Clubhouse session directly on your iPhone:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen (or top, depending on your model and version of iOS).
- You should see the control centre on your iPhone. On the bottom of the left picture, you’ll see the small record icon next to the battery icon.
- Click on the record icon, and it will begin recording the screen on your phone. It will give you a 3 second countdown until it starts recording.
Note: It won’t by default record YOUR audio. It will record your screen, and Clubhouse audio (other speakers). If you want to record yourself as well – you need to turn your microphone on. Call it a hack within a hack.
Step 2: Turn On Your Microphone
To turn on your microphone for recording:
- Hold down the record button with your finger.
- A new screen will pop up on your iPhone displaying the recording settings.
- Click the red button to turn your microphone on.
Pro Tip: Make sure you are using headphones to avoid unwanted feedback!
Step 3: Record Your Clubhouse Session
You’re ready to join a Clubhouse room and start recording!
When you’re done, go to the recording in your iPhone. Then utilize the basic editing features in the iPhone to trim the beginning and end of the video (when you’re clicking around to get set up).
Step 4: Upload To Google Drive Or Dropbox
Create a ‘Clubhouse’ folder in Google Drive or Dropbox, then upload your recording.
Step 5: Connect To Searchie For Transcriptions
Connect your media source to Searchie, sync and your recording will be processed and automatically transcribed.